OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
The privacy of our customers is very important to us. “Personal Information” means data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. When you create an MBI account or take one of our online bible quizzes, register your products, purchase a product, download a software update, participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
To better protect your Personal Information we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. It applies to all information you submit, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and credit card number. We use the information you provide when placing an order to complete that order, and when assisting with support issues. We may also contact you from time to time with product updates, links to free downloads, and other product information that we think may be of interest to you. We also use Personal Information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising; we do not disclose Personal Information to any outside parties in this regard.
The Personal Information we collect allows us to keep you posted on MBI’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don't want to be on our mailing list, you can simply opt out anytime by following the unsubscribe directions in email correspondence that you receive from us. From time to time, we may use your Personal Information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with MBI, you may not opt out of receiving these communications. You can review information about you that we have collected online and maintain by writing us at email@example.com. You can also call to request factual correction in your information. To better safeguard your information, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
We also collect non-personal information. Non-personal information are data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual (e.g. occupation, area code, zip code, unique device identifier, time zone, etc.). We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. However, if we combine non-personal information with Personal Information, then the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
ONLINE PRIVACY AND CREDIT CARD PROTECTION POLICY
At MBI, we want you to feel secure when you provide us with your Personal Information online. For this reason we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your credit card and other sensitive information when you make product purchases or request technical assistance. The process of encryption minimizes the possibility of unauthorized individuals from viewing your information as it is securely transmitted over the Internet. Once received, your credit card information is not transmitted over the Internet again. However, even with such protection policies and safeguard procedures in place, there is always the possibility of fraud occurring. If you believe unauthorized disclosure or use of your credit information has occurred, please follow the reporting procedures defined by your credit card's issuing bank and contact us immediately. Most credit card companies cover all charges that result from unauthorized use of your credit card or may limit your liability to an amount below a $100.
DATA SECURITY AND YOUR USE
MBI’s Software contains a “Call and Chat” functionality as such we have taken steps to ensure your privacy while using this feature. We have built privacy, end-to-end encryption, and other security features into our call and chat feature inside our Bible App. We don’t store your messages once they’ve been delivered. When they are end-to-end encrypted, MBI and any third party can’t read them.
MBI Software contains a “Marketplace Services” functionality as such we have taken steps to ensure your privacy while using this feature. The financial information you share while booking an appointment with any of our service providers is never shared with any service provider apart from an email detailing the displayed appointment.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online or by telephone.
MBI takes precautions including administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your Personal Information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
However, when you use some MBI products, services, or applications or post on a MBI forum, chat room, or social networking service, the Personal Information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider, referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. MBI may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
MBI websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties, such as a third-party iPhone app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
It occasionally may be necessary on account of statute, litigation, or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for MBI to disclose your Personal Information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all Personal Information we collect to the relevant third party.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
To make sure your Personal Information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to MBI employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Please understand that if you utilize the MBI website or services, then it is highly recommended that you review our Terms Of Service, and that if you utilize any of” MBI software, then it is highly recommended that you review our End User's License Agreement, which both shall take precedence over any conflict of terms that may be referenced herein.
Marketplace Bible International PBC
P.O. Box 2467
Scottsdale, Arizona 85252
MARKETPLACE BIBLE END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Please read this Marketplace Bible (“MBI”) Software End User License Agreement (EULA) carefully. This EULA is a contract between MBI and you and governs your use of (i) any MBI software, and (ii) any MBI products and content, including but not limited to Bible files, e-book files, reference materials, font files, daily reading files, and any other files available for download or as a boxed product), including any Updates (defined below) and accompanying printed or electronic documentation (collectively, the Product).
BY CLICKING 'I AGREE' OR DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, OR USING THE PRODUCT, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS EULA. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS EULA, DO NOT CLICK 'I AGREE' OR DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR USE THE PRODUCT.
1. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. You and MBI acknowledge that (i) you are licensing the Product from MBI and not Apple or Google Play, and (ii) Apple and Google Play are not a party to this EULA. As between Apple or Google Play and MBI, MBI is solely responsible for the Product, the content therein, any maintenance or support services to the extent required by applicable law, any warranties to the extent that such warranties have not been disclaimed, and any claims that you or any other party may have relating to the Product (including for infringement of third party intellectual property rights and consumer protection and product liability claims). You and MBI acknowledge and agree that Apple and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of this EULA, and that Apple or Google Play will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this EULA against you as a third-party beneficiary hereof.
2. LICENSE GRANT. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this EULA, MBI grants to you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable, non-transferable, revocable license to install and use one copy of the Product on up to five (5) supported devices that you own or control.
Other than as specifically permitted during a free trial period, if applicable, you may not use the Product, MBI's website or other MBI resources to access or utilize any purchase-based or subscription-based feature of the Product unless you have paid the applicable fee. MBI is not obligated to provide any such free trial period for any Product.
3. OWNERSHIP; PROPRIETARY MARKS. The Product is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Except for the limited license granted to you in Section 2 of this EULA, MBI reserves all right, title, and interest, including but not limited to copyright, patent, trade secret, and all other intellectual property and proprietary rights, in and to the Product. You agree that MBI does not, directly or by implication, by estoppel or otherwise, grant any other rights or licenses to you under this EULA. You may not delete, obscure or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices appearing on the Product. All rights are reserved.
4. FEEDBACK. If you inform MBI of any errors, difficulties or other problems with the Product, or make any suggestions as to changes or modifications to the Product (collectively, Feedback), MBI will have the right to use the Feedback for any purpose without compensation to you. All Feedback, including any and all patents, copyrights, trade secrets and any and all other proprietary rights in or derived from the Feedback, will be the sole property of MBI.
5. NO DISTRIBUTION OR COMMERCIAL USE. You may not sell, resell, sublicense, rent, lease, lend, publish, post, or otherwise provide or distribute the Product, in whole or in part, to any third party without the express prior written consent of MBI in each instance. You may not use or distribute the Product, including but not limited to any content you create using the Product (e.g., personal notes, bookmarks, reading schedules, etc.) for any commercial use or purpose.
6. RESTRICTED USE. You must use the Product in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations, and this EULA. You may not use the Product for any illegal, non-personal or unauthorized purpose. You may not use the Product in a manner that could damage or cause risk to MBI’s business, reputation, employees, customers, facilities, or to any third party. Unauthorized use of the Product includes but is not limited to: (a) tampering with or using non-public areas of MBI’s website or computer systems; (b) attempting to probe or test the vulnerability of MBI’s website or systems, or to breach MBI’s security or authentication measures; (c) attempting to access or search the Product, or MBI’s website or systems with any software or mechanism other than the software and/or search agents provided by MBI or other generally available third party browser; (d) attempting to decompile, decipher, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to access or obtain the source code of any of software comprising or in any way making up a part of MBI’s website or systems; or (e) attempting to interfere with the access of any user, host or network, including but not limited to sending a "virus" through the Product or MBI’s website or systems.
7. NO REVERSE ENGINEERING. You may not copy, list, print, publish, display, modify, create derivative works of, translate, decompile, decipher, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to access or obtain the source code of, or any other proprietary or confidential information from, the Product, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
8. UPDATES. MBI may, in its sole discretion, provide to you updates or supplements to the Product ("Updates"). If MBI provides you any Updates, this EULA will apply to those Updates. The Product may operate only on those hardware and software platforms specified in the Product documentation. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate software, hardware and Internet connection to operate the then-current version of the Product. MBI reserves the right to cease supporting any hardware or software platform at any time, with or without notice.
9. USER ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD; SECURITY. You are entirely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account, including through the Product. You agree to immediately notify MBI of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware.
10. TERMINATION; SUSPECTED BREACH. If you breach any of the terms and conditions of this EULA or MBI suspects any breach of this EULA, or for any other reason that affects MBI’s business, customers or the public, MBI may: (a) begin legal action, (b) immediately suspend or terminate the EULA, or (c) cooperate with law enforcement in legal proceedings against violators. You agree to cooperate with MBI in investigating suspected violations. In the event of termination of this EULA, any and all licenses granted to you under this EULA immediately cease, and you must: (i) immediately cease any use of the Product and (ii) delete all copies of the Product in your possession, custody, or control, including any copies of the Product on magnetic media or computer systems.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE PRODUCT AND ANY ACCOMPANYING SERVICES (E.G. DATA SYNCHRONIZATION) ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, USEFUL, FUNCTIONAL OR ERROR FREE. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT ANY DATA OR CONTENT YOU INPUT, IMPORT, TRANSFER, TRANSMIT, DOWNLOAD OR UPLOAD TO THE PRODUCT OR ANY ACCOMPANYING WEBSITE WILL BE KEPT SECURELY. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR USE OF THE PRODUCT. ANY STATEMENTS MADE ON OR IN ANY PACKAGING, MANUALS, OR OTHER DOCUMENTS NOT EXPRESSLY INCORPORATED HEREIN, AND ANY STATEMENTS MADE BY ANY MBI EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES, ARE PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND NOT AS REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY MBI. MBI DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANYONE TO MAKE A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND ON MBI'S BEHALF, AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH STATEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE EXCLUSIONS IN THIS SECTION 11 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. EVEN IF MBI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES, MBI WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THIS EULA OR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ACCOMPANYING SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION: PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PRIVACY OR BREACH OF SECURITY DAMAGES; PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGES; OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM INTERRUPTION OR FAILURE OF THE PRODUCT, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS DUE TO: (A) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, (B) THE INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, OR (C) ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR ANY FORM OF DATA THAT IS INPUT, IMPORTED, TRANSFERRED, TRANSMITTED TO, TRANSMITTED FROM, RECEIVED FROM OR RECEIVED BY THE PRODUCT OR ANY ACCOMPANYING SERVICES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR OTHER MODIFICATIONS OF OR LIMITATIONS TO CERTAIN REMEDIES, SO THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 12 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF MBI TO YOU, AND THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AVAILABLE FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, INJURY, OR LOSSES ARISING FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION RELATED TO THE PRODUCT OR THIS EULA WILL BE THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT OR TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), WHICHEVER IS THE GREATER. THE EXISTENCE OF MULTIPLE CLAIMS OR SUITS UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS EULA WILL NOT ENLARGE OR EXTEND THE LIMITATION OF MONEY DAMAGES.
13. INDEMNIFICATION. You must defend, indemnify and hold MBI harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, liabilities, costs or damages arising out of your use of the Product or your violation of this EULA.
14. NO ASSIGNMENT. This EULA will be binding upon, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable against your respective successors and permitted assignees. You may not assign this EULA, or any of your rights, interests, or obligations in connection with your use of the Product, without seeking and obtaining the prior written consent of MBI in each instance. Any such assignment without such consent will be void and of no force and effect.
15. THIRD PARTY CONTENT. The Product may contain content or links to various third party web sites and other resources ("Third Party Content"). This Third Party Content (e.g. other than www.marketplacebible.com) is not under the control of MBI and MBI is not responsible or liable for the content, communications or materials of any Third Party Content. MBI, if applicable, provides this content or links to you as a convenience only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by MBI of the Third Party Content or any association with its operators. You are responsible for adhering to the applicable terms of service for any Third Party Content. You are solely responsible and liable for any interactions you may have with such entities, their sponsors and other third parties.
16. U.S. GOVERNMENT LICENSE RIGHTS. All software provided to the U.S. Government is provided with the commercial license rights and restrictions described in this EULA.
17. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Product contains software that is subject to U.S. export jurisdiction. You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the Product, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by U.S. and other governments. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a 'terrorist supporting' country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
18. GOVERNING LAW; VENUE; ATTORNEYS' FEES. Delaware state law governs the interpretation of this EULA and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort. Regardless of the choice of laws, any action arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be brought in the state or federal courts located in Phoenix, Arizona, and each party irrevocably consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts. If either party employs attorneys to enforce any rights arising out of or relating to this EULA, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys' fees, costs and other expenses.
19. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; NO WAIVER; SEVERABILITY. This EULA comprises the entire agreement and understanding of you and MBI regarding the Product and supersedes and replaces all other agreements or representations, whether electronic, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this EULA. MBI’s failure at any time to require strict performance by you or any other licensees of any of the provisions of this EULA does not waive MBI's right to thereafter require strict compliance with any provisions of this EULA. If a court of competent jurisdiction determines, in a final non-appealable judgment, that any provision of this EULA is invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such provision will be deleted and the remainder of the EULA will be enforced as nearly as possible in accordance with the stated intention of the parties. Electronic images of this EULA will be considered originals.
20. MODIFICATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. MBI may modify this Agreement at any time in its sole discretion. If so, a change of terms notice or a current version of this Agreement will be posted at the MBI website (at www.marketplacebible.com). In the event of a material change to this Agreement we will also use reasonable efforts to notify you by sending notice to the email address that you have provided to us. If any modification is unacceptable to you, you agree that your only recourse is to immediately terminate your use of the Product and destroy any installations of the Product on your devices and in your possession. Your continued use of the Product following our posting of a change of terms notice or a new end user licensing agreement on the Product will constitute your binding acceptance of the change. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT INDICATES THAT YOU GIVE CONSENT TO MBI TO SEND AN E-MAIL COMMUNICATION TO YOU WITH NOTICES CONCERNING MATERIAL CHANGES IN THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PRODUCT(S) OR THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU HAVE SUBSCRIBED.
21. CONTACT INFORMATION. If you have any questions regarding this EULA or the Product, you may contact us at:
Marketplace Bible International PBC
P.O. Box 2467
Scottsdale, Arizona 85252